Too good to last long- sweet, nutty, buttery, and the pan is half-gone already????
Adapted from King Arthur Flour, these Blondies have a great acidic bite- just like chess pie or buttermilk pie!
- 4 oz butter, melted
- 12 oz brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz whole wheat flour, or combination ww and oat flours
- 5.5 oz chopped English walnuts
- 2 oz craisins, to be sprinked on top of batter in pan
- prepare 9×11 pan, preheat oven to 350F
- In mixer, add melted butter to eggs and sugar- Beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients, one by one. As soon as nutsare stirred in, pour into prepared pan
- Sprinkle craisins across top of batter and bake for 26-28 minutes. They should be sticky but not wet-wet…
- Let cool completely before cutting.