"Homemade St. Germaine!"
Yield: 3 qt.
- gallon jar with lid
- enough to fill jar 2/3 Elderflower umbels, large stems removed
- 1 cup honey
- 2 whole lemons, sliced
- 1 whole lime, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 gallon cheap vodka, enough to fill jar
- Loosely pack elderflower umbels into 1 gallon jar, breaking off and discarding large stems.
- Add lemons, lime and ginger
- Gently heat up 2 cups of vodka and add the honey- stirring till well mixed but not hot. Let cool.
- Pour honey vodka into jar, top off with remaining vodka.
- Seal with lid and store in cool, dark place for 14-30 days.
- Pour through fine mesh strainer and rebottle.