Icelandic Rye Bread
Yet another winner-winner from Magnus Nilsson.
- 1 3/4 cups rye flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk (or older cream/yogurt that has been watered a bit)
- 2/3 cup golden syrup or molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, bonus if your loaf pan has a lid. If not, have foil handy to seal off the top of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 195°F
- Mix all ingredients (I find mixing the wet together first helps) and pour into baking pan.
- Cover loaf pan with foil or lid
- Bake for 12 hrs
One of my favorites! Tender, full of flavor, and you can slice it thin!