These lemony muffins certainly hit the spot!
Nilsson’s Finnish Lemon Muffins
Cake-like texture, great lemon flavor and super easy!
- 2 1/4 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 whole lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/3 cups pastry or all-purpose flour
- 1 jar lemon curd (optional- you won't need much)
- Preheat oven to 350F, prepare muffin pan with liners
- Cream together butter and sugar in mixer until fluffy
- Add eggs, one by one
- add lemon juice and zest
- mix baking powder and flour, then add to wet ingredients
- spoon into baking cups (I actually made 16)
- spoon 1 tsp of lemon curd onto the top of each muffin cup
- bake 30 min or until golden
I used one goose egg instead of 4 chicken eggs, and the lemon curd was a spur-of-the-moment addition. Delightful!